Searching for cheap deals and discounts on the internet is a new trend today. Since the economic downturn was hit the world in 2008, people has always tried to get the cheapest possible price when shopping online. Nowadays you can easily find cheap travel deals and hotel rates on the internet too. To help you find a hotel with the most reasonable rates at your travel destination, you might want to follow the five tips below:
1. Start your search early. Beginning your search early will enable you to make the right choice. If you wait until the very last minute, you will tend to make a rushed decision. As the result, you may book a hotel that does not meet your criteria and your budget. It is a good idea to take some time for shopping around. Compare the available hotels carefully and match the price with the quality that they offer. Today, you can also find websites that offer last minute cheap hotel rates but it would be much better to book earlier.
2. Lower attendance usually means lower rates. If you plan to make your visit on a weekend, you should look into hotels that cater for business stays because they are usually full in business days. Also avoid peak season as rates can be double or even triple the price of off season.
3. Browsing the internet is a great way to find cheap hotel deals but it will work more effectively if you do a combination search. It is a good idea to also call the hotel’s service desk and ask for their room rates. Then, you can compare the rates offered on the internet and the ones offered by the service desk to get the best deal. Some hotels offer lower rates when you book online or make a call; therefore make sure that you use different methods in searching for a cheap hotel.
4. Find out if you can get a discount. Some hotels usually offer lower price for groups and extended stays. Therefore make sure that you ask the hotel’s customer service for this discount before making a reservation. Some hotels also offer discounts for military personnel, university students, and senior travelers. They will not offer these discounts freely if you don’t make any inquiry. So, be active in obtaining information about it.
5. Join a hotel membership to save money. After you have chosen a hotel to stay, join their membership to help you get cheaper rates. If you travel a lot, it will really save your budget.
During any tour to any destination, two things make up the bulk of your expenses: travel and accommodations. Therefore to eke out any savings from the trip you will have to invest a lot of time and effort on finding cheap hotel rates to keep your expenses low and your smiles up.
While looking for cheap hotel rates, keep the following tips in mind.
1. Location is everything – Hotel rates vary from place to place depending on its location. You will have to ask yourself if where your balance lies: convenience or price. Most convenient locations in any city will have hotels sporting rates in the upwards range in any market.
Some less accessible areas will offer lesser rates. However, you will have to decide for yourself whether the inconvenience is worth the price. If you are pretty familiar with the area you are traveling to, then locations with lesser rates in less accessible or attractive locations will be less of an issue for you.
However, if you are traveling to an area for the first time, you will have to think twice about staying at a location that is a little inconvenient.
2. Schedule is also everything – The basic law of supply and demands states that the more the demand, the more expensive the item will be. The same is true for hotel rates, if demand for a travel destination is high, then you are bound to spend more money.
So if you are planning to stay away from home, try to make your hotel reservations for off-peak seasons. Hotel rates during peak season can be as much as three times more than regular rates. This alone is reason enough to look to reserve during off-peak seasons.
3. Amenities – Some hotels are pricier because they offer amenities that, while great for those looking for extravagance, are useless to some travelers. If you can live without some of these amenities, then you could consider looking for hotels that are cheaper because they do not offer these amenities.
4. Negotiate – Most front desk personnel are personable and can give good advice on getting better rates at their hotels. Negotiate with them to get good discounts for your stay.
If you are staying for more than a week, then you might want to ask if they offer lower rates for longer stays. Also ask if they have special promos during the period of your stay that you can take advantage of.
5. Search online – Comparing rates, amenities, and location is easier nowadays because of the power of the internet. The internet makes searching for good rates on good hotels easy and painless.
The good thing about internet hotel hunting is that most hotel search websites show prices for rooms, amenities, location, and best of all, user reviews of the hotel itself. This will give you a better idea of what to expect when checking in with a hotel for the first time.
6. The power of a Travel Agent – Travel agents have good contacts among hotel chains and can get discounts on reservations thus made. If you choose to have a travel agent help you get a good hotel, then make sure that the service fee you pay them does not make going through an agent more expensive then making the reservation yourself.